Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Alum becomes new PIO for Hartsville

Donald Quist, a novelist, journalist, restauranteur and Coker College communication alumn, has recently been hired by the city of Hartsville as the new public information officer.

The role is new for Hartsville and is one that I think will continue to help the city better communicate with community stakeholders. Donnie remained in Hartsville after graduation and became active in the city as he and his wife opened the Bow Thai restaurant in downtown Hartsville. He is also currently pursuing an MFA degree in creative writing.

As mentioned previously in this blog, it is part of the enjoyment of being a college professor to watch student move forward in their professional lives!

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really great articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to write some articles for your blog
    in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested.

    Many thanks!

    My homepage; you have to see this

    ReplyDelete