Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday morning in the office

Looking forward to talking with a baseball recruit in a couple of minutes. Coach Dave sometimes lets me talk with recruits about the other side of the athlete's experience on the Coker College campus - the classroom. This is something I really enjoy doing and I appreciate Coach asking. It seems to me when he connects the recruits (sometimes their parents) with the faculty it helps them begin to understand the breadth of the experience that awaits them when they begin their college years. Over the past few years I have been able to meet a good number of recruits who have become students and friends over their Coker career and beyond. And, the meeting is at 10 -- using Schomotzer time, I should have already been in the library.

2 comments:

  1. Except the library isn't open until noon on Saturday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete