Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Athletics Academic Award Banquet Celebrates Achievement




Lotta Aaltonen of Finland and a four-year member of the Coker Cobra Women's basketball team was awarded Academic Athlete of the Year at Coker College during an awards dinner on March 31.

Dr. Robert Wyatt, president of Coker College, congratulates the academic award winners of the various athletic teams at Coker. This was the largest number of athletes to win major academic honor in most people's memories. I think I was invited because I am a member of the Faculty Athletics Committee and I really enjoyed seeing the athletes honored for their academic achievements. I was amazed at the number of students who had 4.0 semesters.

Jessica Covington and Becky Dillon are communication majors honored for their academic achievement. Jessica is a member of the Coker cheerleading squad and Becky is a pitcher/outfielder for the Coker softball team.

No comments:

Post a Comment